Friday, May 9, 2008

Thanks Mom and Dad for a fun weekend!

Just wanted to write a little post about our fun trip last weekend. We drove down to Vegas last Friday, and my parents took Aubrey for the weekend. Then Mathis and I stayed at a hotel on the Strip, and hung out in Vegas for a couple of days. We went to a magic show and walked around all the casinos. There's lots of stuff to look at, so that was fun. We went shopping and to an IMAX, and just a bunch of little stuff, but it was so much fun! We didn't really plan anything (which is NOT normal for us), but we really enjoyed just doing whatever, whenever. So I was just really glad that my parents had Aubrey for the weekend, so we could have a fun little getaway! They said Aubrey did really well, so that was good. She's so good with babysitters, so that makes it a lot easier to leave her, because I know she'll be happy. Anyway, that weekend was good to see how she'll do without us, because we'll be leaving her for 5 nights with Mathis' parents in June. I'm still kind of nervous about being away for that long, but I think we'll have fun. It's nothing to do with them...I know she'll be VERY well taken care of, but I'll miss my baby. Anyway, last weekend was really fun to spend time with just Mathis, and Aubrey did really well, so I think she should do pretty good in June too! Thanks Mom and Dad!!


Pretty picture shot at the Wynn.

The Bellagio fountains.
The real Eiffel Tower is much better, but this one is nice too!

1 comment:

K and M said...

How did I not manage to realize you were here!? (You probably told me and I probably spaced it. sorry!(

What hotel did you stay in? I hope you had a great time!! Isn't ot fun to kinda know your way around the strip?

:) Happy belated mothers day!

k