Friday, December 18, 2009

FINALLY!!!!

Well, for almost 2 weeks now, Austin has been SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!!! We love our baby dearly, but needless to say, the past 7.5 months have been EXHAUSTING!!! Guess I just didn't know how lucky I had it with Aubrey since she was always a good sleeper. It took a couple attempts at the "Ferber Method" with Austin, but eventually, he learned to sleep all night long. From the time he was born, he pretty much woke up every 3-4 hours. After 7 months of that, I was starting to be a wreck. :) The trick for Austin was to let him cry it out at nap time. In my failed attempts to get him to sleep through the night, I was still rocking him to sleep at naps, but as soon as I stopped that, he learned to soothe himself to sleep. He's sleeping 10-11 hours a night! So, now that I'm actually getting a good night's rest after almost a year (I couldn't sleep well at the end of my pregnancy either), I feel fabulous!!!

1 comment:

Sarah Stiles said...

Yay, Austin! Cameron was like that, too, for a while. He started sleeping through the night at about 3 months, but after we moved to Vegas when he was 9 months and he got his own room, he just would not sleep. We had to do the "cry it out" method, too. it was rough going, but he caught on pretty quick. Been sleeping like a rock ever since:-)