Friday, April 25, 2008

Bad Day :(

So, today is kind of a bummer.  We were supposed to be scuba diving today to get our open water certification, but Mathis has had a cold all week, and couldn't get rid of it.  You can't dive with a cold, because it makes it so you can't equalize the pressure in your ears, and you could really hurt your ear drums or get ear infections and all that fun stuff.  Plus, yesterday Aubrey got sick also.  I took her to the doctor, because she had a bad croupy cough during the night.  He said its most likely just a cold, unless she has trouble breathing overnight.  She was fine during the day, but at night she was up with a bad barky cough and wheezing while she was breathing.  So, looks like croup.  I started her on the medication for it, and last time she had it, she got over the sickness pretty quickly, but she coughed at night for a while afterwords.  Although, she seems pretty good right now...it's just night times that can be difficult with croup.  So, we wouldn't have wanted to leave her overnight with her grandparents even if Mathis was able to dive.  Man...stupid colds!!
        So, I think we can still work out all our plans with scuba diving, but it might make for a pretty busy month of May.  We need to get our open water certification, which consists of 4 dives over 2 days.  We've finished all the coursework, and passed our written test,s o that's good.  BUT...we also want to get our advanced certification, which will be some classtime, scuba diving in a pool, a test, and 4 dives over 2 days in a lake, and hopefully do it before we leave for Cozumel in June.  When we go to Cozumel, we'll be doing drift dives, which means we will be riding along an underwater current.  That's an advanced specialty and we could do it without the advanced certification, but we'd rather not.  Plus, we want to be able to count all our dives in Mexico toward our advanced cert., which takes 25 dives.  So, I think we can fit in all the dives, coursework, and test, but we'll be busy.  That's okay though, I'd rather be busy than bored! I love trying new things!

No comments: