Last week was our Cozumel trip, and we just got back 2 days ago. It was so fun!!! It was hard to leave Aubrey, and I cried on the way to the airport, but she was fine the whole time. I was glad that she wasn't sad the whole time we were gone. Apparently, she never really asked for us until the very last day. She woke up that morning and said, "I miss my mommy and daddy." We were home a few hours later, so that worked out. We actually would have been home the night before, but got stuck with delays at the airport. It was a mess trying to get home! First the plane was delayed, then we finally boarded, and waited on the plane for like an hour because I guess they were waiting for some passengers. That didn't make much sense to me, but oh well. We finally started to go, when all of the sudden there was a big crash that shook the whole plane. The flight attendants went running down the isle to figure out what was going on. We were then informed that there was a truck underneath the plane! They said it rolled into us. So that's a first...our plane got hit by a truck! So, then it was back to the airport to wait for another plane. We were there for a couple hours and they finally said there was no plane until the morning, so we had to go to a hotel at 2:00am, then be up and ready by 7:00 am to get back to the airport. It was no fun, but we finally made it back home!
So anyway, Cozumel was beautiful, and the weather was sunny most of the time, but it wouldn't have mattered too much, because we spent all our time underwater. I thought we would dive a few times and then spend a couple days on tours, at the beach, sightseeing, etc. But, all we wanted to do was dive everyday. It was so fun! I'm gonna post some pics as soon as Aubrey goes down for her nap. I was really nervous for our first dive, but once I did it, I realized, there's nothing to be scared about. Then I was hooked. The ocean was so beautiful, and it was awesome to see all the fish and other animals. We saw sting rays, eels, octopus, all kinds of fish, sea turtles, and several sharks!! It's not scary though, because all the animals pretty much just leave you alone, and swim away. It was such a cool feeling to be scuba diving. We would swim over drop-offs that just went down for hundreds of feet. It felt like we were flying! I wanna go back already!
Christmas Break 2018
7 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment