Well, today as we were walking into Target, Aubrey was talking about Baby Tyler in my tummy, which was fine. Then as soon as we got closer where there were some people around, she loudly proclaimed, "When I was a little baby, I drank milk out of my Mommy's body!"
After that, we had a little discussion about what we should and shouldn't tell other people. :) She has also been asking me quite frequently, "Is your tummy getting bigger because there's a baby in it?" I made sure that she was clear that this is a question she should only ask her mom. Hopefully we can avoid that embarrassing moment. :)
So here's some other "Aubrey stories" from the past couple of weeks:
We were driving home a few days ago, and I had the heater on pretty high. Mathis said, "You're trying to cook me!" Aubrey got slightly concerned and said, "Daddy's not some dinner!!!! Mommy's not gonna mix up Daddy!!!!"
Another day while we were driving, Aubrey was playing quietly in her car seat, then all of the sudden said, "Mommy's baby is gonna turn into a dog!" Hmmm...I'm sensing a little jealousy maybe? :)
Aubrey told me that she wants to go get Baby Tyler a Christmas present. I said, "Okay, what do you want to get him?" Her reply: "I'm gonna give Tyler a wipe and a binkie. That's what his list is. Now give me my list." (meaning the presents on her Christmas list).
Yesterday, I asked Aubrey if she needed to go potty. She said, "No, I just did last week."
Aubrey found a shiny little toy and said, "Shiny things make girls happy!" She's right on that one!
A couple days ago I was trying to get Aubrey to come wash her hands for lunch. She wasn't listening, so I told her if she didn't come by the time I counted to three, she had to go to timeout. I started counting, and she raced into the bathroom, then yelled, "DON'T COUNT!!!!!" Then I said, "What should you do if you don't want Mommy to count?" The answer I was going for was: "Listen to Mommy." The answer she gave me: "Start yellin!"
The other day, Aunt Cindy was at our house and asked Aubrey if she could have a kiss. Aubrey gave her a big kiss, then said, "I just have boog-ews (boogers) coming out of my nose." We didn't realize her nose was a little runny, but it would have been nice of her to tell Cindy that before she slimed her! :)
1 comment:
Little girls do tend to be very curious about their mommy's tummy. My girl always double checks that she used to drink from me and so did her brother and will the baby in your tummy too? She also asks about how big will my tummy get, how big is the baby now? My little boy not so much.
Post a Comment