Sunday, March 1, 2009

What a day...

Well, its not even 6am yet, and I'm up blogging for lack of other things to do.  I was pretty much in bed all day yesterday, which is why I was up at 5:00 this morning, not being able to sleep.  I went to bed Friday night having quite a few Braxton-Hicks contractions.  That went on through the night, and then when I woke up yesterday morning, they were still going.  Those contractions are pretty normal, but they say if your having more than 4-6 in an hour to call the doctor. I was having too many Braxton-Hicks contractions, and a whole lot of back pain and pressure in my abdomen.   I knew I wasn't in full blown labor or anything (good thing since I still have 2 whole months left), but I thought I better call my doctor, just in case those were some real early signs of preterm labor, knowing that if it was, they could probably stop it.  I was REALLY uncomfortable all morning, so I called the doctor, and he wanted me to go get checked at the hospital.  Everything seems to be fine, but they said I need to slow down.  Which is kind of impossible with Aubrey, but I'm trying.  I'm going to just take the weekend and rest as much as I can, and try my best to balance the housework and taking care of Aubrey.  I wish this pregnancy was easier, but every time I'm getting a lot done, I almost ALWAYS have contractions and back pain.  Then there's the fatigue too.  It's hard to go for more than about an hour at one thing without feeling completely fatigued at the end.  So, I guess I just need to listen to my body and rest, but man, I feel guilty because I don't want Aubrey to have to sit around all day.  But...on the other hand, I remember very well how active I was the day I went into labor with Aubrey.  I had exercised, then cleaned 3 bathrooms, and the entire house pretty much, then my water broke that night (I was just under 36 weeks along).  So, I think I can do things to try to avoid early labor, but it would be much easier if I didn't already have a 3-year-old.  I am super excited for this baby, and love him a TON, but it will be nice when I don't have to be pregnant anymore.  That's for sure!

No comments: